Half-Year Study in Japan
Study at Genki Japanese School for 6 months, at a big discount off our standard Japanese tuition cost! This special course is one of our most popular items. In most cases, no special visa is required to stay in Japan for up to 6 months. Start dates are limited, but we can sometimes be flexible, so it’s always worth asking us!
For information about student visa courses, see our student visa info page.
Our Standard Japanese course, booked and paid in advance for 24 weeks. You'll study 20 class hours per week - two classes focus on grammar, and two classes focus on applying your skills to real-world situations. Classes have a maximum of 9 students, and focus on communication skills for daily life, rather than academic Japanese.
When Does It Start?
Courses start every 3 months, and run for 24 weeks, with no breaks.
|Term||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer 2018||July 2, 2018||December 14, 2018|
|Autumn 2018||October 1, 2018||March 15, 2019|
|Winter 2019||January 7, 2019||June 21, 2019|
|Spring 2019||April 1, 2019||September 13, 2019|
|Summer 2019||July 1, 2019||December 13, 2019|
|Autumn 2019||October 7, 2019||March 20, 2020|
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible, you must have a valid visa to stay in Japan for the study period. Your options are:
- Visa waiver (for stays of up to 6 months for most countries)
- Working holiday visa (for citizens 18-30 from Australia, Austria, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, South Korea, Taiwan, and the United Kingdom)
- Other long-term visa you already possess (e.g. spouse visa, permanent residency, etc.)
Please note that student visas are not available for study of less than one year.
How Much Does It Cost?
|590,000 yen (a 26% discount!)|
|This price includes all school costs, textbook costs, and all other fees required to study with us, except accommodation. You will not be required to pay any other fees to study with us.|
Note: This course is already discounted, and so does not qualify for other discounts.
This includes all costs required to study with us. No other payment is required unless you add other options.
- As this course is already discounted, other discounts (returner's discount, group discount, etc.) do not apply to this course.
- Payment must be made in advance for at least 6 months' tuition.
- In case of cancellation after the start of the program, refunds will be given for any terms that have not yet begun. No refund will be given for terms that have already begun. Please note that these conditions are different from our standard refund conditions.