Long-Term Study in Japan
Study at Genki Japanese School for 6, 9 or 12 months, at big discounts off our standard Japanese tuition costs! These special long-term courses are among our most popular items. Start dates are limited, but we can sometimes be flexible, so it’s always worth asking us!
For information about student visa courses, see our student visa info page.
Our Standard Japanese course, booked and paid in advance for 6, 9 or 12 months. You'll study 20 class hours per week - two classes focus on grammar, and two classes focus on applying your skills to real-world situations. Classes have a maximum of 9 students, and focus on communication skills for daily life, rather than academic Japanese.
When Does It Start?
Courses start every 3 months, and each term is 10 weeks long.
|Term||Start Date||End Date|
|Winter 2017||January 2, 2017||March 10, 2017|
|Spring 2017||April 3, 2017||June 9, 2017|
|Summer 2017||July 3, 2017||September 8, 2017|
|Autumn 2017||October 2, 2017||December 8, 2017|
|Winter 2018||January 1, 2018||March 9, 2018|
|Spring 2018||April 2, 2018||June 8, 2018|
*Note that the 12-month course schedule may vary slightly from this, depending on the start date. Contact us for details.
So the 6-month course starting Summer 2017 would run from July 3, 2017 to December 8, 2017, and would have 20 weeks of classes, usually with 3 weeks' holiday between each 10-week term.
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible, you must have a valid visa to stay in Japan for the study period. Your options are:
- Visa waiver (for stays of up to 6 months for most countries)
- Working holiday visa (for citizens 18-30 from Australia, Austria, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, South Korea, Taiwan, and the United Kingdom).
- Student visa
- Other long-term visa you already possess (e.g. spouse visa, permanent residency, etc.)
How Much Does It Cost?
|Course||Weeks||Normal cost||Discounted cost||Discount|
(Available for most visa waiver countries)
|20||671,500 yen||550,000 yen||18%|
(Working holiday or other long-term visas only)
|30||996,500 yen||790,000 yen||21%|
(Student visa, working holiday visa, or other long-term visa)
|40||1,321,500 yen||990,000 yen||25%|
Note: This course is already discounted, and so does not qualify for other discounts.
This includes all costs required to study with us. No other payment is required unless you add other options.
- As this course is already discounted, other discounts (returner's discount, group discount, etc.) do not apply to this course.
- Payment must be made in advance for at least 6 months' tuition.
- In case of cancellation after the start of the program, refunds will be given for any terms that have not yet begun. No refund will be given for terms that have already begun. Please note that these conditions are different from our standard refund conditions.