University Transfer Credit for GenkiJACS Students

Almost half of GenkiJACS' students are also studying at university, and we are happy to support your university study however we can! The most important question for many students is, can I receive course credit for studying Japanese at GenkiJACS?

If you're coming from the US, the answer is YES! There are two ways to receive credit for your study here:

1. Receive Credit Directly Through Your University

If you already attend a university that offers credit to GenkiJACS students, just contact your university's study abroad office to start the application process. Here is a list of universities that have given their students course credit for GenkiJACS study. (Please note, this does not guarantee that all students from the same university can also receive credit, but it should be a good guide.)

  • Brookhaven College
  • City University of New York (CUNY), Baruch College
  • James Madison University
  • University of New Hampshire
  • The College of New Jersey
  • Virginia Tech University
  • University of Delaware
  • Appalachian State University
  • Carnegie Mellon University
  • Carleton College
  • Tennessee Technological University
  • New Mexico State University
  • Trinity University
  • Brookhaven College
  • Southwestern
  • University of North Florida
  • Stanford University
  • University of California, Berkeley
  • University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee
  • Carthage College
  • University of Arizona
  • Wright State University
  • Nebraska Wesleyan University
  • College of Arts and Sciences - Seattle University

Even if your university is not listed here, they may be willing to accept study with us for credit. The decision to accept study with us for course credit can only be made by your university, and the specific requirements that must be met differ from school to school. We are always happy to work with universities to meet any requirements they have, whether it is course materials and study topics, or final exams and grading methods. If you are studying Japanese at university and want to apply to your school for course credit, contact us and we will do what we can to help!


2. Receive Credit Through GenkiJACS' School of Record

If you do not attend one of these schools, you can still receive credit, but the process is a little more complex. GenkiJACS will soon be partnering with a major US university that will act as our School of Record. Any student coming from the US who meets the requirements and enrolls on our university credit course can receive academic credit through them.


  1. Apply for our Academic Credit program.
  2. Send us a scan of your unofficial transcript by email.
  3. We confirm your eligibility with our School of Record.
  4. You make payment at least 60 days before the start of the course.
  5. Our partner in the US contacts you directly to finalize your enrollment at our School of Record.
  6. After satisfactory completion of the course (C grade or above), our School of Record sends your final transcript to your home university.

Keep an eye our for more info coming soon!

Genki Japanese School is an approved language school for funds from the Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowships (FLAS) Program, and the National Registration Center for Study Abroad (NRCSA).

For more details, including an official estimate, contact us today by clicking here!


select a language:
English 日本語 Deutsch Espanol Francais Nederlands

Get a free quote

Info for...
Agents University students JETS Tour groups High school students

fukuoka contacts

Hakataekihigashi 1-16-23, Fukuoka-shi 812-0013, Japan
Phone: +81 (0)92 472 0123


tokyo contacts

3rd floor, Shinjuku 5-17-6, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0022, Japan
Phone: +81 (0)3 6457 3554




student voices


Latest News


Blog Roll


Awards & Accreditations


    Customer Satisfaction Excellence Award Study Travel Magazine Star Awards International Association of Language Centres Yokoso Japan

GenkiJACS videos


Fukuoka school
Fukuoka intro video on Youtube

Tokyo school
Tokyo intro video on Youtube